I really enjoy participating in this challenge. It is so much fun to take someone else’s photo and put your spin to it. You can stay true to your style or just go crazy and experiment a little.
Here is the original photo shared by The Stiles Files.
So I put a little spin on it through Photoshop and this is what I came up with. I think it is still missing something, but I couldn’t really come up with anything else. I left it pretty simple. I would love to see this in an HDR shot, though. Ooooo.
Here is what I did in Photoshop:
- Got rid of the power lines
- Enhanced the sky by using a duplicate layer in multiply blend mode at 40% opacity. Using a layer mask to show only the sky.
- Gave some pop to the barn by duplicating a layer in softlight blend mode at 30% opacity with a layer mask to show only the barn.
- Dodge and burned.
- Added a peachy color haze (at 11% opacity) over the photo to soften the harsh tones of the barn and lighten things up a bit.
- Added some contrast using a levels adjustment layer.
- Sharpened with an unsharp mask filter.
That is it. It only took me a few minutes to do everything, but the getting rid of the power lines did take a few extra minutes to make sure it looked decent.
You should really join in and have fun editing.