I don’t know about you but my weekend went by in a whirlwind. Time for another edition of photo feedback. I will share about this again. I think that bloggers are wonderfully supportive, but to get better with your photography you need honest feedback. Something better than “Nice shot.” I don’t think you should have to pay to get your photo critiqued, either (have you seen that site?)
I honestly believe that critiquing others’ photography helps you. Yep, you read that right. Looking at others’ work and seeing things about it like what you like and what you don’t trains your eye. So when you are behind your lens you will see those same things. You will also hear critiques of your images in your head as you line up a shot or edit it. It is very, very helpful. So I encourage you to join in. We don’t bite, I promise. ;)
I thought this week I would share my SOOC (straight out of the camera) and my edited shot.
I took this shot while waiting for a client this weekend at the park. I got there early to scout out spots. It was 2 pm and over 90 degrees. I knew I was going to have to work fast for a photo session with three young boys. I noticed this grill and it reminded me of the grills at the park when I was little. It just epitomized summer to me. So I had to take a shot of it.
Edited (took a little less than 5 minutes)
Shot with my Canon 7D and my 50mm 1.8 lens. Aperture: f/2.5, Shutter speed: 1/800, ISO: 160.
Here are the guidelines for Photo Feedback:
- The photo you submit must be your own.
- The photo can be new or old, edited or SOOC, never a theme to adhere to.
- When leaving feedback be sure to say something you like about the photo along with something you would suggest to improve the photo.
- If you join in, please visit a couple of other participants too. They want feedback just like you do.
- Please link back in your post with text or grab the button.
- If you are going to have more than one photo in your blog post, please specify which photo you want critiqued.
The link up is live from Mondays (12:01 am) through Fridays (11:59 pm) CST. So you have lots of time to join us.
*The code for the blog hop is at the very bottom. This is a Blog Hop! That means the link up will show up in your blog too and your readers can join in without having to leave your page.
I am really looking forward to reading your feedback. Thank you for helping me get better. I am learning so much from you!